Call for Papers:
Drama in Education Days 2018
July 20th and 21st in Konstanz, Germany
The fourth annual Drama in Education Days will again take place in Konstanz, Germany. The conference focuses on best practice and research in the field of Drama and Theatre in Education (DiE/TiE) specifically in second and foreign language teaching.
We welcome contributions from teachers, scholars, and performers working with drama and theatre in language education at all levels (primary through to tertiary).
The organisers are open to a variety of presentational forms reflecting on best practice or on the dissemination of research findings, including
- 20-minute paper presentations (+ 10 minutes discussion)
- 60/90-minute workshops -a presentation and discussion of a performance piece is also possible.
Abstracts may be submitted in German or English (max. 300 words). Please include a brief biography (max. 50 words).
Submission deadline is March 31st, 2018.
This year’s conference will focus on creativity. We therefore invite contributions with a focus on (but not limited to) the following topics:
• Integrating music and dance in foreign language teaching and learning
• Drama and theater in/about unexpected places, contexts, topics…
• Using your coursebook creatively
• Creativity and accuracy – mutually exclusive learning goals?
• DiE/TiE in teacher training and professional development, including aspects such as teachers’ personal development, classroom management, advocacy for drama (e.g. towards school administration)
The conference aims to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and of teaching and research experiences.
Date: July 20th and 21st 2018
Place: Konstanz, Germany
Organisers: This annual conference is organised by Dr. Stefanie Giebert (Konstanz University of Applied Sciences) und MA Eva Göksel (Center for Oral Communication, University of Teacher Education Zug, Switzerland).
Note: In addition to best practice and research presentations, the conference will include practical workshops and discussion forums.
Contact: Dr. Stefanie Giebert
Alfred Wachtel Straße 8, 78462 Konstanz
MA Eva Göksel
Center for Oral Communication
University of Teacher Education Zug
Zugerbergstrasse 3, 6301 Zug, Switzerland